Home Warranty Inclusions
House and Component Warranty Given to Client: Builder warrants against defects in the house and/or its components which are not excluded from warranty coverage in paragraph 9, and are specifically included in one of the following warranty provisions:
- Builder warrants the floor, ceilings, walls and other structural components of the home, which are not specifically covered by other provisions of this warranty to be free from significantly defective construction and materials for a period of one (1) year. The structural materials in your new home are the products of nature and are not manufactured by the Builder. Building materials subject to surface defects, such as cracking or discoloration as a result of normal settling, expansion and contraction caused by weather changes. Since these developments are normal in a new home and do not constitute significant defects or result in any lessening of value, they are not covered by this warranty.
- Builder warrants the electrical wiring systems, including electric switches, receptacles, and fixtures, but excluding light bulbs and tubes, to be free of significantly defective construction and materials for period of one (1) year.
- Builder warrants the roof will be free of leaks caused by defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year.
- Builder warrants ceramic tile counter tops and floor tile (if applicable) to be free from loose tile for a period of one (1) year. (Please note that grout and caulking are NOT covered by warranty and are considered an Owner Maintenance item.)
- Builder warrants carpet to be free from wrinkles and seam defects for a period of one (1) year.
- Builder warrants vinyl floor covering to be free of air pickets, wrinkles, seam defects and adhesive decay for a period of one (1) year.
- Builder warrants the exterior stucco surface to be fee of cracks of 1/8 inch or greater and masonry to be free of cracks of 1/8 inch or greater for a period of one (1) year.
- Builder warrants the concrete garage floor, patio, driveway, walkways, decks and porches to be free of cracks ¼ inch or more in width for period of one (1) year, under normal use. Concrete cracks are common and will be caulked one time. Slabs are not replaced due to cracking.
- The warranty period for plumbing adjustments such as dripping faucets, clogged drains, and running toilets is limited to thirty (30) days.